School of Education - Esports scholarship
how far do you want to go?
- $500 – $1000 annually for up to 4 years.
- Ability to play for one of our Varsity Esports Teams
- Must major in Secondary Education
- 2.75 min GPA
SECONDARY EDUCATION UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM
The B.A.Ed. in English Education is a minimum 122 semester hours program that includes 39 hours in core English and related fields. The degree program is approved for grades 7-12 licensure in secondary English. There are three phases for education majors: Phase I: Core Curriculum ; Phase II: Teacher Education Program; and Phase III: Student Teaching. For more information go to the SAFE admission page.
- Teach grades 7-12
- Specialize in English, math, social studies, or science (biology, chemistry, and physics)
- Graduate with 655-1,000+ hours of teaching experience
- Earn special education endorsement with two extra courses
SECONDARY EDUCATION GRADUATE PROGRAMS
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- 30 hour program aiming to enhance knowledge and skills of content teachers in the secondary (7-12) classroom.
- Program addresses current state and national standards with special emphases placed on lifelong learning, research findings and innovative curricula.
Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction
- 30 hour program that provides educational development beyond the master’s level.
- Expand pedagogical knowledge in writing and oral presentations as it pertains to their specific content area.
- Exposure to skills needed for research and grant proposal writing as well as the skills needed for article submissions.
Ed.D./Ph.D. in secondary education
- Advances the ability of candidates to research, teach, and serve within their areas of emphasis.